Frequently Asked Questions
Have Any Questions?
Connect with us at Advanced Wound Care by filling up a contact form or Call us at (807) 700-1514.
- For in person care call us at (807) 622-0601
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by filling up the contact form box here
Please leave your name and contact information with the reason for the appointment.
- Book an appointment with us here
- Check your email or phone where a link will be sent with the instructions to connect with your wound care provider.
- Click on that link and follow the simple instructions.
- You will be asked to provide consent for the virtual care and for pictures of your wounds to help us to see how the wound healing is progressing.
- Once you are in the virtual wound care clinic you will be able to meet your wound care nurse face-to-face.
- Firstly, your wound care nurse will ask you questions about your overall health.
- Next she will ask you to provide information about your wound (when it started, what have you been applied on or used to treatment your wound etc.), then she will ask that you show the wound on your mobile or computer camera.
- The wound care nurse may ask you to take measurements of your wound. That will help you and your wound care nurse to evaluate the healing progression.
- The virtual platform also allows the nurse to take pictures of your wound (not your face) and store them in our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) that is safe and secure.
- As a bonus - you will receive a link to chat with your nurse and ask questions whenever you have any uncertainty. It is like a text message, but you are using a safe and secure environment.
- Anytime you discuss with your nurse, receive advice or send a picture of your wound, it will be downloaded automatically to your electronic file.
- At Advanced - You will always have the support of your wound care nurse, and never feel you are left alone.
You can use a smartphone, tablet, or computer to your virtual appointment with one of our wound care nurses. It is recommended that your device has a camera that works during the appointment.
Referral is not required, especially if you do not have a primary physician or nurse practitioner. However, if you have one we recommend that you let him/her knows that you are connecting with us as we may need to work together to better assist you and your wound to heal faster.
Our hybrid wound care model that combines virtual and in person wound care services is provided in partneship with Ridgeway Clinic and is covered by Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). To book an appointment call at (807) 622-0601
Note: If you do note live in Thunder Bay area and require a virtual consultation only you may need to pay a fee.
It will depend on the type of the wound you have and how deep it is. However, our approaches to wound care have been designed to help your wound heal in a faster manner. It is based on scientific evidence and requires that you get involved (you are not left alone, but will play an important role in your own care) and work in collaboration with your wound care nurse. One of our wound care nurses will guide you in the whole process and design a care plan that works for you and your daily routine. Our main goal is to meet your needs and advance wound healing to meet a desired outcome.