This privacy statement explains how the ADVANCED – Wound Care Consultancy & Education Inc. manages the personal information collected from you and your rights to access or correct that information.
The ADVANCED – Wound Care Consultancy & Education Inc. is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
The Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), S.O. 2004, governs the handling of all personal health information by the Northwestern Health Unit. The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), R.S.O 1990, governs all non-health related personal information and other records in the health unit’s possession. These two laws regulate how we may collect, use, retain, disclose and dispose of your personal information.
The ADVANCED – Wound Care Consultancy & Education Inc. only collects personal health information needed to provide public health programs and to plan and evaluate our services. The main (but not only) legislation that allows us to do this is the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990.
Collection of Personal Health Information
We will only collect your personal health information directly from you, from a person acting on your behalf, or from other sources if you have provided consent to do so, or if it is legal to do so.
The information that we collect may include:
- Date of Birth
- Health History
- Records of your visits to our services
- Care that you received during your visits
How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat and care for you
- Get payment for your treatment
- Plan, deliver and manage wound care services
- Compile statistics (names are not disclosed)
- Share information with your other health care providers
- Meet legal requirements
Your Choices and rights
You have the right to:
- access and correct your personal health records any time
- withdraw your consent for some of the ways we use your information
We Protect Your Information
- We make sure your information is not lost, stolen or used by someone that should not have access
- We also make sure it is kept private and is stored and/or disposed of in a secure way.
- We ensure that everyone that performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your health information in the way you have agreed it can be used.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices or to access or correct any personal information about you contact our Officer at (807)700-1514 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario if you are concerned with how we have handled your Personal Health Information. The Commissioner can be reached at:
The Commissioner can be reached at:
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8
Last Updated: 14/12/2020